The Entry Hall
The Candy Store began in 1978 with two local automotive legends, Bob Cole and Russell Head. Their idea was simple: a safe place to keep their cars, and a clubhouse in which to share the visual feast and camaraderie with kindred spirits.
In 1983 the club organized as a not-for-profit, and its members and their cars relocated to the present facility — where they remain to this day.
Packard Dealership · 1928
Rector Motor Co. · c. 1951
The present home is an elegant Spanish-style building designed in 1928 as a Packard dealership for Earle C. Anthony — the legendary Packard distributor whose showrooms set the standard for automotive grandeur. In the decades that followed it carried on as a dealership under other marques, trading Packard's name for Cadillac and Oldsmobile before the club took it on.
Its arched cathedral windows, beamed ceilings and flagstone floors make it a setting unlike any other: the perfect stage for great automobiles, and the heart of everything the club does.
Brass-era pioneers, mid-century icons and modern marvels stand together in the halls — cherished by the members who keep them, and a feast for the eye on every visit.









An elegant Spanish-style dealership rises in Burlingame, designed for Packard distributor Earle C. Anthony.
Bob Cole and Russell Head establish The Candy Store as a private sanctuary for great cars and great people.
The club organizes as a not-for-profit and moves into its landmark home, where it thrives today.
Membership is about more than the building. Throughout the year, members share in the pursuits that make the hobby a passion.